I am not a wine connoisseur, so I’d say as long as you’re not using “box-o-wine”, you’re keeping it classy. (OK, I finally saw Anchorman the other night…)
This is a great way to use some of the liquor you received as a gift at the holidays. Coconut rum, peach schnapps, pear vodka…doesn’t really matter what you use, just experiment ’til you get the Sangria Punch just right.
Here’s what I put in that big glass pitcher in the photo:
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup coconut rum
- 2 bottles white or blush wine (chilled)
- 1 12 oz bottle of sparkling water (chilled)
- Sliced fruit (use all or some of them, the more the better)
- 1 lemon
- 1 small orange
- 1 green apple
- 1 lb. of fresh strawberries
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 12 oz bottle of sparkling water, chilled
Combine all of the ‘booze’ together in a large pitcher. Add fruit and gently stir to keep fruit from breaking apart.
Cover and chill for about 3- 4 hours, longer if you are able to.
Serve in big wine goblets with some of the fruit and a lot of the liquor.
Serve small bowls of the leftover fruit if the party goes on for awhile. It’s potent. Don’t drink and drive. Thanks